L10 – L15
Required for April or September 2024
The Governors of this very successful Catholic High School wish to appoint an additional dynamic and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to join our already strong and dedicated leadership team.
This role will offer the successful candidate exciting challenges that will be both rewarding and fulfilling, and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations. Cardinal Allen is a great place to work and an excellent community to belong to. We receive tremendous support from our parent body and our committed group of Governors. Our pupils actively engage in all aspects of school life, and there is a culture of mutual support and openness.
Governors hope to appoint someone who will:
- Love and care for our children as much as they would their own;
- Be, in every sense, a great teacher;
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved;
- Have high expectations of both themselves and those they work with;
- Be able to lead and inspire colleagues to continuously improve;
- Always be willing to go the extra mile for our children.
Cardinal Allen is a forward looking, oversubscribed, ‘outstanding Catholic school’, evaluated by Ofsted just last year as a ‘good school’. Inspectors said, ‘Pupils are happy to attend this kind and welcoming school. Pupils achieve well. This is because leaders set high expectations for all pupils’. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Governors would ideally want to appoint someone to take up their new role in the Summer Term but, for the right candidate, would be willing to consider a September 2024 start.
Application forms and further details are available via the school website. Interested candidates are encouraged to call the Headteacher for an informal discussion or to visit the school prior to application. The closing date for applications is 23rd November 2023 at 9.00am. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.